Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sunshine (and rain) and Summertime

This summer has been full of all sorts of weather. Huge hail storms, flooding basements, lots of rain, and a little sunshine scattered in-between. Madison and Emma have taken advantage of every day--rain or shine--splashing in the puddles straight out of bed and still in their pajamas, on this occasion. Isaac was so happy the other day to be one of the big kids, out splashing in the puddles. He kept laying down right in the middle of the puddle, with mud water going in his ears. In addition to the fun in the rain, lots of fun in the sun has been had so far as well.

Madison loves bugs, snakes, anything that creeps or crawls. She was collecting ants a few days ago in a bucket with some bread crumbs inside. She came running in all stressed out and said, "Mom, I was showing Isaac my ant collection and he grabbed the bread out and ate it with ants all over it!" Thats my boy. He just can't pass up a little bite-sized piece of bread. When we have the sacrament at church, he tries to grab handfulls of the stuff. So I guess the ants didn't bother him much and a little extra protein will do him good. He hates the swing, by the way (below).


We were driving down the road with the windows rolled down, and Emma said "Eewwww, it smells like cow manizer!" (manuer + fertilizer = manizer) Kelly says he and Emma have had a few discussions about fertilizer lately. We liked the word so much that it has been officially added to the Daniels family dictionary.

I just love watching these three crazy kids and the things they find to entertain themselves. Today I looked out the front window to witness Isaac flying down our little road, riding in his Tonka truck, going at speeds of up to 3o miles an hour. My first instinct was to yell, "Madison and Emma, stop giving him rides in that thing or we're going to be taking him to the ER and it will be your fault!"
But then I realized that Isaac was laughing hysterically and waving his arms in the air like he was riding a roller coaster. I couldn't help but join the party. So I said, "Madison and Emma, do that some more so that I can get some pictures."

What fun! Thanks to my friends for the Tonka truck, the only true boy toy that we own up to this point. We have pictures of him sleeping inside of the truck when he was three days old, with plenty of room to spare, he was so small! And now he spends hours a day pushing it down the road, loading it up with things, and apparently, doing dare devil stunts in it as well. My little baby is growing up already!

5 comments:

  1. This is cute Jen, and those pictures of Isaac in the truck are about the cutest thing I've seen. He is so dang cute! Funny girls too - to even think of that.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I want somebody to push me down the driveway in a tonka truck. Sounds like fun! And congrats on 10 years. That's a
    HUGE accomplishment! So glad you joined the blogging world=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I ran into you tonight and got your address. It will be fun to keep in touch with you better! What a cute little family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute! I love Isaac in the truck! I'm glad you had a great anniversary! I'm glad you have a blog too! If you want, send me your e0mail address at etherington@q.com and I'll send you an invite to out blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you! Thanks again for dinner the other night. I think I'm going to love living by you!

    ReplyDelete