For those of you who don't know, the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay is the coolest race there is. What happens is 12 runners take turns running (three legs each), starting in Logan and finishing in Park City. You run through the Wasatch mountains, up and down large hills (which is why it's called the Wasatch Back) straight through the night. This is my second time doing this relay--it took us around 27 hours to finish. It is definitely challenging, tiring, and TONS of fun. Especially when you're with 12 girls that you totally adore!

Here is Kristi (my sister-in-law) and I--although she wasn't on my team, she ran with another group and kicked some butt. I finally met up with her for about 20 seconds at the finish line and snapped a quick picture. It is fun hearing about all of her team's adventures--someday we're going to be on the same team and do this relay together!

This is me finishing up my last leg, handing the wristband off to Leah. This is where the rain started to come down and those 6 troopers in Car 2 ran right through it, straight to the finish line. You guys were awesome!

I never knew what real hills are until I ran the Ragnar Relay--there are some pretty big mountains to be climbed between Logan and Park City.....The look on Jeri's face says exactly how I felt after all three of my legs! ("I'm so glad to be done with that!") It's such a good feeling! And in this race, you get to feel that THREE times. What a good idea, Ragnar, whoever you are!

Here are the other four cute girls that were in my vehicle, besides Jeri in the last picture. Suzanne and the three sisters--Kelli, Katie, and Karlee. It was so fun being with all of them! Thanks to the Christiansen's parents (who spoiled us rotten as they followed their daughters along the course) we got to ride in a nice big truck with a shell (so our stuff didn't get soaked during the downpour) and take a shower at their hotel after we had finished our running. Suzanne and I live in the same neigborhood and run together a lot. I just love her to death. She also cuts my hair. Katie and Jeri and I were friends back in high school, so it was a fun reunion for us! I got to know Kelli when I was pregnant with Madison--we were in the same child-birth class, and then we both ended up delivering our babies on the same day so we were in the hospital together. I didn't know Karlee until we ran this race together, but what cute girl she is! We all got along so well (even through the sleepless night) and just had an awesome time.

Here is the team....."Buns, Cheeks, or Bust!" The only sad thing about this relay is that you don't get to be with all 12 of your teammates. Becky, Natalie (Becky's sister-in-law), Shanna, Leah, Amy, and Treva were in car two. I really wish I could have been in both vehicles. We had the most awesome team on Earth! I can't wait to do it all over again!
No comments:
Post a Comment