Saturday, June 27, 2009

10 Years!

This last Thursday, June 25th, Kelly and I celebrated our 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! I can't believe it has really been ten years. Time passes so quickly......and then I look around and see that I have three children, and think "How did this happen?"......it really has been that long, I guess!

I just have to tell my hubby how grateful I am for him! He is such a good husband, always making sure I'm happy and taken care of, putting up with me and all of the things that I get myself into. Not to mention what a good dad he is--sometimes he's a little more in love with his children than he is with me, but I don't blame him for that--they're so much more fun than I am most of the time! (And cuter, too!) He genuinely wants to spend his time at home whenever he's not working. He'd rather play with us, wrestle around with the kids, etc, instead of doing things for himself.

I think we've come pretty far in ten years.....aside from the tangible things--three children, our house, etc.....we've come a long way in many ways! I think back to when we were first married. It's almost humorous. I'm sure my parents were pulling thier hair out. We were both so immature--I'm sure we looked like we were 12, and probably acted like it a lot of the time. It gives me hope that when I see my little daughter going off to get married, and she looks like she's twelve, and acts like it, and I start to FREAK OUT............I'll just try to remember that Kelly and I looked and acted the same way! We got through some difficult times, learned how to work with each other, basically grew up together, and it has turned out okay! As long as my daughter has that same dopey, love-stricken look in her eyes as we did, I'll know she'll be allright (but I'll still freak out). I remember as clear as day, wondering how we would make it and if we were really ready to take the plunge......I didn't know how we'd make it through school, what Kelly's profession would be, had no idea what was in store for us--but I just knew that we were meant to be together and that it would be okay. I had such a feeling of peace and total bliss. This was while we were engaged....sure, the total bliss didn't last for too long, but still.....there was absolutely no other choice in my mind than to spend eternity with this guy! And come to find out, my blind plunge into the wild unknown has worked out extremely well. At least for me......I'll have Kelly insert his thoughts to find out the other side of the story (after all, he was the one that turned a peculiar shade of greenish-gray in the middle of our wedding ceremony.....he'll never live it down).

So, here's to TEN fabulous, family-filled years, thanks to you, Kell. We'll keep plunging into the wild unknown together! And I have no doubt--because of my wonderful family and our loving Heavenly Father who blesses us far beyond what we deserve--that the next ten years will be just what we need to be happy plus some. Kelly and I don't agree on everything, but one thing we do agree on is that we love each other more today than we did on that fateful June 25, 1999.
(Not the cutest picture....but it's slim picking when it comes to pictures of just the two of us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment