The minute I stepped into the chapel I started tearing up. Each time another family member or friend walked in I teared up again. Then I'd glance at my two beautifully dressed girls and I couldn't keep the smile off my face either! Madison and Emma were so cute too. It was the first time we'd taken Kate and Liza to church and they were so proud to show them off. They both begged and begged to hold them all through the meeting. Isaac found Great-Grandma and Grandpa and decided to sit with them during church, and I seriously never saw him again until 4:00 that afternoon when everyone had left. So whoever took care of him all day and drove him to and from places, Thank you!
We had a fun gathering afterwards with family and food! My cousin Steph took some really cute pictures of the twiners (see below). Thanks to her and also to my Grandma who let us raid her house. I always wish I had taken more pictures. Steph did great with the little girls but I wish I had taken some of my older three kiddos and more of the rest of the family--maybe one with everyone that was there....but I didn't so oh well. But I will say that we greatly missed Mom and Dad Daniels--the rest of the family was there! Some traveled from Wyoming, some from Provo, SL, Rexburg, etc. I was so touched that everyone made such an effort to come and support us.
I've never really, REALLY looked at that big circle of dads, brothers, uncles, and grandpas gathered around the baby before. This time I was really struck by all of the priesthood holders with their hands on little Kate's head and I was in awe. Then I got to watch them again when it was Liza's turn. What a blessing it is to belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints! I felt such power during those blessings and was so grateful for the priesthood. I am so grateful for the families that I belong to! Thanks to everyone who made this day so special for us.
These pictures depict what a LONG (yet beautiful) day it was for Kate and especially Liza:

Liza: Not really sure about this, Mom.

Liza: Still not too sure, there's gotta be something else I'd rather be doing.

Kate: I'm trying my best to smile, Mom...

Liza: I'm hungry.

Kate: I'm your little angel.

Liza: Mom, HELLO! Are we done YET???

Kate: Liza, just try to be an angel like me.

Liza: Gosh, what time is it getting to be? I have an appointment with my bottle...

Kate: Sent straight from heaven.

Liza: Pa-TOO-IE on this picture taking stuff!

Yep, we're cute whether we cooperate or not.
PS--Steph thanks also for making me FINALLY sit down and play with this blog thing for a minute! It is totally easy like everyone says! I'm just playing around with backgrounds....this one might be kinda weird, I don't know....but anyway, I'll probably just change it around a lot just for fun since I finally know how. (My cousin Steph is so crafty and knows how to make anything cute--Thanks again Steph)
ReplyDeleteYour blog looks great! I love it!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is your running commentary from the girl. I bet you are spot on. Thanks for letting me take some pictures. It was an honor to help commemorate such a beautiful day!
Oh my goodness, they are so beautiful! Such cute little angels. I need to see them!! I can't believe I haven't made it up there yet! How are you doing?
ReplyDelete