Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Review of Best Mother's Day Gifts 2011


Madison's teacher has done a lot of very cute and thoughtful (time-consuming on her part) things this year with her class--one of them being the Mother's Day gift that Madison brought home. It was a cute pillow made of two pieces of felt hand-sewn together and stuffed. Madison colored one side of the pillow with candy kisses and wrote a very fancy "I love Mom". I tried to include a picture but no matter what I do it appears sideways so I gave up. It is a really cute pillow that I can tell she put a lot of heart and soul into...but I think I love her card just as much! Of all of Madison's Moms, I'm the best one, it says! I also "Rock and Roll." It is nice that she gives me these positive reminders amongst the many eye-rolls I receive from her lately. She really is a huge sweet heart and she made sure I had a special day. She even made me a smoked ham and cheese frittata for breakfast on Mother's Day (thanks to the kids cooking class that she and Emma went to with my Mom). She has informed me that she is too old now to be called Maddy-Paddy but since this is my blog I figure I can call her anything I want....I love you Maddy-Paddy!


Emma's teacher at school has had them write in a journal every single day this past year. At the end of each month she brings a journal home and I look forward to that day all month. I think I'm going to continue this journal writing requirement here at home from now on. She writes the CUTEST things with the best spellings. This is the cover of their special Mother's Day journal. It included five entries all about me! (Luckily they were all mostly good--only one that made me feel a little twinge of guilt and the rest just made me smile.) My favorite entry is pictured below:


"I love you because you make me choos the rite and when I choos the rite I worm my hart up. I choos the rite evry sunday and it makes my church teacher imprest that I choos the rite evry day I am imprest to."

Notice the cute picture with the CTR ring. Reading this "wormed my hart up" most definately. Thanks Emma, I sure love you too!



Here is my cute Isaac relaxing for way too long on his throne. I was sitting in my bedroom feeding the babies, in direct view of him sitting on the toilet (since he always leaves the door wide open)....and I heard him talking, pausing, talking, pausing, etc.....


Then I saw his little dinosaur sitting below him on the yellow footstool. When I listened more carefully I could hear what he was saying: "Please bless Emma"....pause, pause....."Please bless Madison"...pause, pause....."Bless our babies Kate and Yiza"....pause...."Amen". "Yay, you did it little dinosaur!" This was right before bedtime on Mothers Day and I thought it was the greatest gift to end with. So glad I have my one little boy that makes me laugh every day. I love ya Isaac buddy.

After the dinosaur prayer I headed out to the kitchen to find that my one tangible gift of the day--CHOCOLATE--had been completely consumed by everyone else but me I suppose, the wrappers torn and scattered all over the counter and the floor. So it's good that I know the less-tangible gifts are the better ones, anyway.


The day was a fun one. This is a picture of the Mother's Day dinner that also added the day's greatness. The ice cream cake from Cold Stone was the highlight, Madison thought so as well. Just wanted to say--even though I'm a week and half late--thanks to my cute family for a wonderful Mother's Day!

PS. I think the babies know I love them since I kiss their fuzzy little heads about 500 times a day...but I love you guys too. And Kelly--you rock and roll also. My partner in this whole parenting thing...thanks for making me so happy! If I say I love you one more time, everyone reading this is going to throw up (sorry everyone) but I love you too!

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! I love all the mushy stuff! What a darling family. I'm glad we got to spend time with you guys recently! I hope we do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete