TOP OF UTAH 2009!

It actually happened!! (Despite the incident with my toe, if you read that post.) True, I worried so much about my toe and the cold that I caught that I went TOTALLY psycho and didn't sleep for a week. I ran the marathon in my mind about 1000 times, day and night--I just kinda went nuts for a while (my family can vouch for that one, sorry family). So it ended up that my toe was not even an issue, thanks to a good tape job and some really good numbing cream. I think the lack of sleep/lingering cold had more of an affect......I didn't do my best running that day (not even close), but I finished! I came pretty close to my goal, and now I can look forward to NEXT TIME!

This is the very CUTE poster that Becky and Suzanne brought to me the day before the race. I'm so grateful for good friends......Julie was my counselor for four months while we trained...... Becky supplied me with GU at 10:30 one night when I realized I didn't have any and had a 21 mile run the next morning.....Suzanne drove us up clear up Blacksmith Fork canyon one morning VERY early......Leigh brought me some "toe tubes" that saved my life.......Jessica and Becky and my sister-in-law Pam all came and ran with us at the marathon.....there are many more little things, and I just couldn't have done it without such good friends!

And here is my cute family, cheering along the way (but really wondering what the heck they were doing sitting out in the hot sun all morning watching a bunch of crazy people). They were so cute and it lifted my spirits every time I saw them along the route.

I wish I had a picture of Kelly (he was the one taking the pictures). He should have received an award at the finish line as well! He put up with a lot over the last couple of months.....He was so patient and supportive, I just love him!

What a good feeling that was! That's the scary part, all these endorphins are a bit addicting. That has a lot to do with my current attitude--I'm going through withdrawls!
So to sum it all up.....some things are just worth repeating! Even though I've wanted to accomplish this goal for a long time, I always somewhat dreaded the idea. I thought I would do it once and check it off the list for good! I thought I would be totally burned out of running by the end of the training...not so! Just the opposite, I felt so good and loved it more and more! And even though the race itself didn't go as well as I pictured, it was still such an awesome day. So much support from my family and friends (thanks so much!), even complete strangers cheering each other along. It was inspiring! So if you're considering a little adventure such as this, just know you can do it, and once might not be enough!
Your kids posters are so CUTE!! You have great fans. Thanks for enduring spending so much time with me and my weirdness. It was so much fun and I am sad it's over. I am sure there will be plenty more. I think you did great and you should be so PROUD of yourself.. Way TO GO!!
ReplyDeleteDid you do the posters with them? Those are way cute! They were adorable, and I almost started crying every time I saw them too! GOOD TIMES!
ReplyDeleteCute pictures!! What an amazing accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself. Thanks for letting me be apart of it!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Jen! This is Angie! You guys are all amazing. That is all that I can say!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I'm so impressed that you made it. What a darling supportive family too. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteJen, you are the WOMAN! Congratulations. What an accomplishment. I look up to you so much!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!! I am so inspired by you! I thought about you that whole day, and couldn't wait to hear how it went. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteGREAT JOB JEN! It was so fun to get to come cheer you on! Maybe one day I'll stop being lazy and join ya! Cute cheerleaders too!
ReplyDelete