I was looking through my pictures and realized I never documented the ever-so-exciting First Day of School! It is the annual tradition at our house to take these important pictures in front of our huge, out of control flower bed......which means that I have to start planning for these pictures in May (when I plant the zinnias--and it can only be zinnias forever more because they create such a big flowery backdrop) and then I have to cross my fingers that the flowers will grow! Luckily, this year the flowers grew tall and wild like they usually do, so here's another year bigger in front of the flowers!

Starting with poor little Isaac, who could feel the excitement in the air--he knew something fun was going on, and soon realized that the fun didn't include him :( Istead, he had to hang out with boring old mom all afternoon and then take a nap. He sure misses his sisters, but I have to say, he and I have spent a lot of time out in the sandbox playing and watching the big Parsons trucks drive by our house. We've had some good bonding time!

Emma grew up a lot in one day! She went to school and came home feeling so smart and grown up, and she's acted that way ever since. I didn't cry when I sent Madison to her first day of Kindergarten--I was too excited along with her. But this year I realized how I just sent Madison yesterday, now I'm sending Emma today, and tomorrow it will be Isaac. I cried a little this time around. But Emma looked so beautiful and happy and brave going off to school, and she will be make an awesome Kindergartener!

Madison began her 2nd grade year with a new look and much better vision! We got her glasses right at the beginning of the school year and she loves them. She takes such good care of them and wears them with pride. She takes such good care of Emma, making sure she gets a good seat on the bus and does her best handwriting during homework time, etc. Madison wasn't so excited to start school (mostly because she doesn't like to work, and she knows school means homework, structure at home a.k.a. CHORES, piano practice, etc) but she jumped into the routine and is doing awesome. As usual, she still has way too much fun with all her friends, so life is good.

Here is Emma, Austin, and Sarah. They all live right next door to each other, right in a row. Not a day goes by that they aren't outside yelling into each other's front windows or riding bikes around the driveways. It has been so fun watching these three goof off at the bus stop every day (plus about 10 others in our neighborhood that just began Kindergarten).

This one is hard to see, but this is Madison and Emma yelling out the bus window on the first day coming home. It just made me smile, seeing the two of them sitting together, instead of sitting with their friends. They were holding hands coming off the bus--so cute! They really are friends!
(sometimes their behavior says the opposite and I wonder....)

I still miss them both while they're off at school, but now that the routine is setting in a little, I've found an hour of the day that is SILENT! Isaac goes down for his nap while they are gone and I have about an hour to myself--that part hasn't been so bad! If only I could freeze time right now--I can handle them starting school this year, but no more! Stay little! (I wish)
Cute pictures of all of them. Isaac will learn to love his time alone with you I'm sure. And I also bet there won't be too many days the girls sit by each other and hold hands coming off the bus. What good sisters though, while it lasts.
ReplyDeleteHey Jen! I found your blog on Emily's! What cute pictures- your kids are so darn cute. I'll have to get your email address and invite you to mine!
ReplyDelete