Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Welcome Kate and Liza!






Meet Kate and Liza, the newest (and last) additions to our family! Kate arrived at 8:08 weighing 3 lbs 6 oz and Liza at 8:10 weighing 4 lbs 10 oz. They look like opposites to me....Kate looks just like Emma did as a baby and Liza looks like Isaac with Madison's dimple in her cheek. They are cute little things!

These pictures were taken pretty soon after birth, now there are few more tubes in our little Liza. :( After a day or so on just a little oxygen, she got tired and was working a little too hard. So now she has a ventilator tube down her throat and a few more monitors. She is still plugging away but she just needs a few days to get adjusted I think. And Kate--the "little, older" sister--is doing just great! Breathing on her own and even taking most of her food through a bottle now! I've gotten to hold her a few times and feed her once--I can't wait til I can hold them both!

Well, as for me, I'm tired after writing this much. The delivery was rough, I lost a lot of blood and am still trying to get balanced with that. Monday I couldn't even hold a conversation, I just slept the whole day. Today has been working through some pain and getting my blood taken every three hours. Tomorrow will be better! I am so glad I have those two cuties downstairs to remind me WHY this is so worth it! And it totally is.

8 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I'm glad you're feeling better. I am glad that I get to see them in person. I'm one of the lucky ones!! See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you guys!!! Kate does look so much like Emma! They are adorable and we can't wait to meet them. Hope you keep feeling better and better! You're all in our prayers! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy couple of months and now they are here! You should be so proud of yourself. They are beautiful and so sweet. You, Liza, & Kate are always in our prayers. I'm hoping every day is filled with lots of improvements and you are all under one roof again soon! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you and your family--what a wonderful blessing. I hope you are feeling better and wish you well in your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! They are darling! I am so glad they are here safe and sound. I hope you get feeling better and you get to take those two beautiful babies home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Great job Momma! They're adorable! What cute names too! Kate's the exact same weight Tyler was when he was born. I'm so glad everything went (mostly) ok, and that ther made it her safe.I hope you are feeling better and recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful! I'm glad they are here and you are all on the mend. That has got to be so hard to not be able to hold them - hopefully soon! We're praying for a speedy recovery for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you. And I totally love their names (especially Kate). I had to get blood after Ben was born (passed out when I stood up, that was awesome). It felt strange to get someone else's blood, but much better once I had it.

    ReplyDelete