Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Little People in My Life


Kids keep life interesting! I'm especially grateful for their entertainment lately! I know this isn't the greatest picture of them but I had to post it to remind myself of the moment. The girls were dancing, PJ's and feather boas (falling apart), and Isaac was trying to keep up. I couldn't do it justice with the camera.
Here's a few things that Isaac has been up to lately:

1) Nursery--has been going HORRIBLY since the beginning of the year when he got switched to the older kid nursery. Then the last two weeks, all the sudden out of the blue, he decided it was great fun! Now he can't wait to get back there and "pay toys". As soon as the people start filing out of the chapel, he bolts for the nearest exit saying, "Bye, Bye momma! Bye! Bye!" and I try to catch him before he gets lost down the hall.

2) The toilet obsession is getting a little better (although he did try to flush a large rubber bouncy ball down the other day and it got stuck very tightly in the round hole, so I got to stick my whole arm in up to my elbow and pry it out) HOWEVER, the obsession with vents is getting worse. We have found balls, trucks, blocks, KEYS (like our real car keys), food, sippy cups, etc, etc, etc...down the vents. So much fun!
3) He knows how to get his clothes off now, so he is ALWAYS naked on the bottom half, sometimes on top as well (refer to the first picture). It hasn't occurred to him to take his diaper off yet, thank goodness!

4) He likes to pose for the camera. He brought it to me the other day, saying "Cheeeeese" over and over. He kept pulling faces and I kept snapping pictures. What a funny boy he is!










Emma just started taking art lessons, which she LOVES. It is funny becuase before art lessons she NEVER drew pictures, never colored, had no interest in anything art. But then Madison signed up for art and brought home this really cool art set with tons of cool stuff in it. So Emma begged and begged to take art lessons with Madison. I finally signed her up, and all the sudden she is such a proud, blooming artist! She draws such cute little pictures lately. Out of the two of them--Emma is the one that LISTENS and tries to learn something at lessons. Madison, on the other hand, has reverted back to tracing everything, and spends most of her lesson goofing off.

The other day Emma was watching some show where a guy got hit with a ball in-between the legs.....she laughed hysterically and finally said "Oh, that was SOOO funny, that guy got hit right in the tenders!" Where she got that term I don't know, but now (unfortunately) it's become a frequently used word at our house....


And Madison is off in her own little world sometimes. I swear I've never seen so much attitude in her--rolling the eyes, ignoring everyone, talking back, etc. She's still a sweetheart all in all, but sometimes I see a little glimpse of what's coming in a few years. The other night Kelly wanted to look at something in her new set of scriptures so he told her to go get them. I could tell she had something else on her mind and she was just trying to be done as fast as possible with whatever he wanted....so she ran off and brought back Emma and Isaac's little book of Mormons. Kelly said "No, go get YOUR scriptures," so she sighed a BIG sigh, ran off, and brought back HIS scriptures. Finally Kelly grabbed her shoulders and said, "Madison I want YOUR set of scriptures, the brand new ones--bring me YOUR set!" And Madison goes, "Well gosh, why didn't you just TELL me that?!?" Kelly and I just looked at each other and rolled our eyes while she rolled hers.


Kids are so fun! Wouldn't life be boring without them!



5 comments:

  1. That is SOO cute! I can totally see that from each of them. You've got some seriously cute kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how funny...I just posted a picture of john wearing his john deer shirt! It was fun catching up on the family. You have such a beautiful family! It was so fun seeing you the other day!! I really do want that stuff for McKay's face by the way.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the stories about your kids! I can only imagine all of the fun stories you will have as your two daughters hit teenage years. Have fun with that!! They are all so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep that diaper on him...boys find out really quick how to pee down those vents & to aim at everything they can & they think it's pretty cool - GRRRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gotta love them!!! What would we do without them. And the whole Madi thing...it's the age!!! I've got one too...I just tell myself it's the age!!! :) But they're great!

    ReplyDelete