Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Okay, I've fought this long and hard, but I think I'm finally going to give in and join the rest of the blogging world. The truth is, I'm totally overwhelmed when it comes to computers or anything related. I was left in the dust long ago. There are three year olds that can do circles around me on a computer. Plus you all do such fancy (and cute) things with your blogs that it seems so.....overwhelming to me. But I'll just start with my little disclaimer that there will be nothing fancy here. At least not for quite some time. I just want to remember the simple, day to day joys of life, especially life with kids! When I look at my children, I feel like I am watching a sand timer that runs out way too quickly. They grow up so fast! I need to remember the little things that they do that make every day so much fun. And so, I'm just going to start writing!


This is Madison. How cute she is! She loves snakes, loves to draw, loves school, loves life. Today she had the hugest smile on her face when she walked in from school. It was Earth day today (she's been talking about "green" things for a few days now) and she just happened to collect an armload of trash on her way home from the bus. I wondered why it was taking her so long to get home! She was so proud that she had carried those smashed up beer cans all the way home! Should have taken a picture of that......(I'll get better at this)....but here's one of her enjoying an ice cream cone on our vacation a couple months ago.


Here is our sweet Emma. Sweet describes her well. She is such a sensitive little thing, always worrying when someone is sad or upset. (Yet she really knows how to push people's buttons when she wants to.) She takes such good care of Isaac. She loves to make his bottles and pretend like she's his mommy. She also loves to carry him around everywhere even though he's more than half her size. Emma loves to snuggle and would stay in her PJ's all day if it weren't for all of her "appointments" with her millions of friends. I can't keep up with all of the play dates she sets for herself! If this is a glimpse into future years, we may be lucky to see her at all pretty soon......so we'll cherish these days!




And finally, meet Isaac. He is at such a fun age. All he does is make messes and get into trouble, but he's so fun to watch that I just let him go to town. His #1 favorite word right now is outside (he can't say it yet, but knows how to get his point across). Next favorite is toilets--swishing his hands in them, flushing things down them (like bandaids, q-tips, you name it) carrying cups of toilet water to use with his pots and pans in the kitchen, dunking Kelly's shirts in and then mopping the floor with them, and even dipping his binky in and having a taste (I know that is HORRIBLE--he only got one dip in before I got to him)! The only thing anyone hears from me lately is "Are the bathroom doors closed?" Anyway, onto his third favorite--cooking. He unloads all the pots and pans, wisks, spoons, big bowls, etc, and just stirs. As you can see, he even likes to sit inside and stir, naked or not. It's even more fun when he can get his hands on some flour or something from the garbage can, anything that resembles food that he can "cook". We're hoping that all of this practice leads to a successful career as a chef someday.



One of these days we'll have a family picture taken so that you can see the whole gang. Kelly and I are the boring ones in the family, but it's hard to compete with such entertainment. But how grateful I am for Kelly and for our three little hooligans running around here like wild animals all the time! I'll try to keep posting you on the craziness that goes on around here (not making any promises) so until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment